SJHL Play-by-Play Announcer/Reporter
It’s the goal every sports broadcaster hopes to make!
The rare opportunity to call games for the Saskatchewan Junior Hockey League’s Melfort Mustangs.
Pattison Media is looking for the next legendary voice to bring play-by-play, commentary and news coverage to Saskatchewan’s north central.
You’ll work with senior newsroom leaders to build multi-media coverage of the team on our digital asset northeastNOW.com and affiliate radio stations.
In addition to play-by-play, the successful candidate will also spend a portion of their time in the newsroom fulfilling general reporting assignments including writing for web, radio and video production.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinating radio and online coverage of the Melfort Mustangs
- Play-by-Play for all home and away games
- Host public events on behalf of the team and radio station
- General assignment news reporting and video production.
- Excellent play-by-play skills and ability to produce and execute a hockey game broadcast
- Post-secondary diploma/degree in broadcast journalist or minimum 2 years broadcast experience
- Working knowledge of digital news including social media, videography and CP writing style
- Ability to travel on the road, with the team, for extended periods of time throughout the season.
- Professional appearance, valid driver’s licence and reliable vehicle
Please send your resume, writing examples, on-air demo and a completed copy of the Pattison Media New Applicant Self ID form by July 30, 2021 to:
Director of Information Programming
Deadline:July 30, 2021
Our New Applicant Self ID Form is available for download at pattisonmedia.com/selfidform.pdf and should be completed and attached to all employment applications. Please note your completed forms will be kept confidential.
Pattison Media is committed to our social responsibility of equal opportunity employment and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, disability, medical condition, gender identity, sexual orientation, or age, religion, expression, marital status or other non-job-related criteria. We encourage members of all designated groups to identify themselves using our self identification form, as doing so will help us correct under-representation of those individuals in our company.