Prince Albert, SK
paNOW.com – a division of Pattison Media – is looking for our next fearless leader. Based in Prince Albert, paNOW is at the heart of our news operations in Saskatchewan. Our impressive group of assets consists of several radio stations and seven news portals including outlets in La Ronge, Meadow Lake, North Battleford and Melfort. We have a strong foundation in digital-first local content and have a proven history of mentoring and developing talent.
Reporting to the Director of Information Programming, the News Director will be the manager and site leader for the Prince Albert, Melfort and La Ronge news teams and have the assistance of a fellow News Director based in North Battleford/Meadow Lake. We need someone who can deliver compelling content and find the perfect balance between tradition and innovation.
- Setting the editorial direction of all news for web and radio while also increasing competitive position and revenue
- Setting expectations for reporters and anchors to ensure a consistent experience for listeners and readers
- Balancing diverse needs of our audience and regional landscape
- Working with sales to develop and implement sales opportunities
- Being highly involved in the community in a news capacity or as a company representative.
- Daily news reporting – some anchoring may be required
- Familiarity with journalistic practices and principles, codes of conduct and legal requirements
- Degree or diploma from a recognized broadcast school.
- Minimum 3 years of newsroom experience
- A valid driver’s license
- Passion for news
- Strong on-air presence would be an asset
Pattison Media prides itself on our strong business and our strong culture. The mental and physical well-being of our members is a top priority, and we strive to create diverse, inclusive and safe workplaces. We offer competitive salary and benefits and flexibility to work from home post-pandemic.
Please send your resume, writing examples, on-air demo and a completed copy of the Pattison Media New Applicant Self ID form by June 30, 2021 to:
Director of Information Programming
Deadline:June 30, 2021
Our New Applicant Self ID Form is available for download at pattisonmedia.com/selfidform.pdf and should be completed and attached to all employment applications. Please note your completed forms will be kept confidential.
Pattison Media is committed to our social responsibility of equal opportunity employment and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, disability, medical condition, gender identity, sexual orientation, or age, religion, expression, marital status or other non-job-related criteria. We encourage members of all designated groups to identify themselves using our self identification form, as doing so will help us correct under-representation of those individuals in our company.