MORNING NEWS ANCHOR/REPORTER
Pattison Media is looking for a talented Morning News Anchor/Reporter to lead our local news, sports and events coverage for XM 105 in Whitecourt and Big West Country in Drayton Valley, Alberta.
We are looking for a creative, engaging, and enterprising anchor to deliver fast-paced innovative newscasts backed by a regional team of established journalists.
You may be the News Anchor we’re looking for if you’re a great storyteller, have a strong on-air presence, digital mindset and a winning attitude. Other qualifications and duties include:
- Using editorial judgement to help determine content of newscasts
- Developing story ideas, writing and editing news for on-air and online
- Having a strong working knowledge of Canadian Press (CP) style print journalism
- Meeting deadlines and handling multiple tasks simultaneously
- Being adept at all delivery platforms, including engagement on the web and social media
- Performing other tasks as required by supervisor
- Able to work effectively with minimal supervision
- Broadcast Journalism degree or diploma
- Valid driver’s license
We are good at what we do. If you’d like to work with a group of over-achievers, who have fun while making a difference in their community, apply now!
Please send your demo, resume, and a completed copy of the Pattison Media New Applicant Self ID form by May 14, 2021 to:
Troy Gillard, News Director
Deadline:May 14, 2021
Our New Applicant Self ID Form is available for download at pattisonmedia.com/selfidform.pdf and should be completed and attached to all employment applications. Please note your completed forms will be kept confidential.
Pattison Media is committed to our social responsibility of equal opportunity employment and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, disability, medical condition, gender identity, sexual orientation, or age, religion, expression, marital status or other non-job-related criteria. We encourage members of all designated groups to identify themselves using our self identification form, as doing so will help us correct under-representation of those individuals in our company.